The Invisalign System combines advanced 3-D computer graphics technology with 100-year-old science of orthodontics. Invisalign aligners are designed to move your teeth in small steps to the desired final position prescribed by your orthodontist. Each aligner is precisely calibrated and manufactured to fit your mouth at each stage of the treatment plan. Your first step is to visit our office to determine if Invisalign is right for you. After sending precise treatment instructions, Invisalign uses advanced computer technology to translate these instructions in a sequence of finely calibrated aligners - as few as 12 or as many as 48. Each aligner is worn for about two weeks and only taken out to eat, brush and floss. As you replace each aligner with the next, your teeth will begin to move gradually - week-by-week until the final alignment prescribed is attained. Then you'll be smiling like you never have before!
FAQ's about Invisalign;
What is Invisalign ?
- invisalign is the clear way to straighten teeth without braces, using aligners. Aligners are made of clear , thin medical grade plastic that is virtually when worn.
How does it work ?
- using advanced 3-D computer imaging technology to simulate tooth movement, the doctor uses a series of clear custom-made aligners that gradually move your teeth.
- you will wear each aligner for about two weeks, moving from one set to the next, until your new smile emerges.
What are the benefits of Invisalign ?
- nearly invisible, you can straighten your teetn without anyone having to know.
- removable, you can still eat and drink what you want.
- better oral hygiene, since they are removable, you can brush and floss normally to maintain healthy gums and teeth.
- comfortable, there are no wires, metal or brackets to cause mouth abrasions.
How do I get started ?
- just make an appointment to see Dr. Pat for an initial exam. Your first appointment to see if Invisalign is for you, is always complimentary, so you can find out more about it with no obligation.
- you may also visit the web at www.invisalign.com to find more valuable information